Is it possible to turn my console´s LF bell into a shelf?

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Soul One

Hey guys,

I have a A&H GS3 mixing console and was wondering if it would be possible to mod it so the LF bell becomes a LF shelf?

gs3_eq_s.jpg

Attachments

• gs3_eq_s.jpg
    gs3_eq_s.jpg
    234.4 KB · Views: 56
It is a so called Wien bridge filter but could be a standard Baxandall configuration with removal of c17 and the freq pot (+series resistor), if you lose those components and adjust the other a little, you should get standard shelf but without freq tuning.  :)
But the original version is much more useful (imo).

Many thanks for your replies, guys.

If I´d be loosing the frequency adjustment this would be a bummer.

L´Andratté said:
It is a so called Wien bridge filter but could be a standard Baxandall configuration with removal of c17 and the freq pot (+series resistor), if you lose those components and adjust the other a little, you should get standard shelf but without freq tuning.  :)
In a standard Baxendall, the LF branch goes to the inverting input, and the HF branch is isolated with a resistor that defines the cornetr frequency in conjunction with the LF capacitor(s). Connecting the LF branch to the non-inverting input, as a degraded version of the Wien bridge topology results in two things:
-It inverts the rotation of the Boost/Cut pot (CW becomes Cut, CCW becomes Boost
-Very reduced amplitude of Boost/Cut

But the original version is much more useful (imo).
I agree.

Latest posts

Back