Is there a tool to undo these knobs?

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sorr

I am sure there is a tool to undo the nuts on this TLA?

Attachments

• TLA Knobs.JPG
    TLA Knobs.JPG
    142.1 KB · Views: 79
I hve nut driver that has been turned down in a lathe for this job, but you could probably achieve the same result using a file. Before that I used to use pointed pliers, but it is possible to damage the nuts because they are brass quite soft.

looks like sifam or selco knobs.

one of 2 common tools one should have but does not.

It's a nut driver for these and a collet tool for the smaller knobs. the collet tool can come in different sizes based on the collet size. I made a couple with a dremel and a flat screw driver. it's not proper but I have yet to have any issues there.

collet tool

the nut driver can be found at most hardware stores without issue, just need to know the size. FWIW I have used needle nose pliers in this aplication without major issue but I wouldn't do it on the regular as you can chew up the nut if your not careful.

Could 'dremel' a tool for this from an old IKEA wrench. Takes five minutes.

Thanks for the link Abbey. I think you posted this over a year ago. I thought they were a very good idea but at the time they were out of stock everywhere. Now they are back in stock so I have ordered a set. :)

Cheers

Ian

Latest posts

Back