Issue with Yamaha AG06 mixer xlr input 10db lower OR no sound at all with phantom power

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Inovis

Good day to you guys! I normaly post or read about my DIY Microphone Projects, but I have a new... DIY repair to do haha!

I have a Yamaha AG06 Mixer and USB interface. Did communicate twice with Yamaha technical support, and the answer was : "Due to the low cost of the AG-06 they are not economical to repair."

Here is the thing.

When using a dynamic mic, the input 1 is about 10db lower in gain compared to what it used to be, and compared to the input 2. (and obviously I'm not using the PAD button...). Cranking the gain brings the noise floor too high.

When using condenser mics... it gets interesting :
  • Samson CO2 : Works well with 48v, aside from being most likely 10db lower gain
  • Sennheiser M66/K6 without battery : Nothing with 48v... hear some static at first then it fades away
  • Studio Project B1 : Nothing with 48v...
  • Deity V-Mic D3 without battery + Rode VXLR+ : Nothing with 48v...
So far I have done :
  • Verify the PAD switch
  • Reset the Mixer
  • Update and reset the AG DSP Controler
  • Tested various cables
  • Tested other mixers
  • Cleaned the connectors
  • Cleaned the circuit board
  • Tested voltage output (48v on both pin 1 and 2)
  • Forced pins inward/outward
So, no Idea what to do next... is it a capacitor or a resistor somewhere...

Thanks for helping me,

David

As no service manual is available for these models, due to the low cost of replacement, I am unable to point you in any direction.
Sorry.

Latest posts

Back