James Garner

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brian Roth

http://ndepth.newsok.com/james-garner

We didn't have a TV set back in the 1950's when I was very young and my family lived in Bartlesville, Okla.,  so I missed the "Maverick" series. But, I was a huge "Rockford" fan when that show ran in the 1970's.

He was also awesome in "Victor/Victoria".  Debbie (my now deceased wife) thoroughly adored "The Notebook".

From everything I've heard, Garner was just a great guy.  A good Okie has gone to the Great Prairie in the Sky.

Bri (born and bred in Oklahoma)

> Schlitz is the beer to have when you're having more than one. Best tag line ever.

Uh, Schaefer, is the, one beer to have, when you're having more than one.

Schlitz was known as "The beer that made Milwaukee famous" and was advertised with the slogan "When you're out of Schlitz, you're out of beer".

220px-Schlitz_Sunshine_Vitamin_Beer_-_Wisconsin_Historical_Museum_-_DSC02832.JPG

My beer is Rheingold, the dry beer.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xgrUCprTuUs

<g>

For decades, PBR has been the "studio beer" in my world....probably because it was On Sale!  Next trip, I'll get some Schlitz just to see if it is drinkable....

Bri

PRR said:
> Schlitz is the beer to have when you're having more than one. Best tag line ever.

Uh, Schaefer, is the, one beer to have, when you're having more than one.

Schlitz was known as "The beer that made Milwaukee famous" and was advertised with the slogan "When you're out of Schlitz, you're out of beer".

220px-Schlitz_Sunshine_Vitamin_Beer_-_Wisconsin_Historical_Museum_-_DSC02832.JPG

Think of Rheingold whenever you buy beer

PRR said:

For a minute there I thought you wrote "Rheinlander"  a Seattle beer, brewed by, and even cheaper than Rainier. which I think had Rhein spelled wrong too: Rhinelander.

My cousin actually had a 45 of the Rockford Files theme.

> Schlitz is cheaper than PBR

Schlitz went to hell in the 1970s. Pabst now owns the Schlitz name. Pabst doesn't actually brew beer any more; Schlitz is brewed by MillerCoors in NC. Nobody has the 1960s Schlitz formula; the present "Classic 1960s formula" Schlitz is reconstruction.
-----------------------------------------------------------

Think of Rheingold whenever you buy beer
It's not bitter, not sweet
It's the extra-dry treat
Won't you try extra-dry Rheingold beer?

Schaefer, is the, one beer to have,
When you're having more than one.
The most refreshing flavor, in this man's world
For people who are having fun
Schaefer, is the, one beer to have,
When you're having more than one.