jensen transformers has been sold

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well I'm glad they're not moving.
It's awesome to have Jensen and Cinemag as practical neighbors and within 10 minutes driving distance (from me) and the option to just step out and pick stuff up from.

What it means is that somebody who appreciates good transformers will still be making them.

Radial has a built in end use market for them at least for now.

JR

wow,

good to see that Bill will still be involved,

he is fun and a delight to talk to on the phone, treats you like his best friend, will answer all your questions with no BS, and spends as much time as it takes,

Jensen only sells one tube output transformer, the JT-10K61-1M

it is so good that no other models are needed in the product line,

layers at the beginning and end all have different turns counts, this is to make it run as flat as possible, you can not design a transformer like this with calculator or a computer, it has to be done experimentally, so tons of time spent figuring out how many turns per layer, never seen another transformer with so much turns tweaking as the JT-10K61-1M, and i do not know where they get the lams but they are incredible, more Henries per turn than anything out there except maybe Tamura,

try one today!

(never know what happens when a new guy takes over)  :eek:

check the crazy good specs>

Attachments

• Jensen.jpg
    Jensen.jpg
    31.5 KB
CJ,

I agree with you on the JT-10K61-1M.  I have one installed on my tube microphone preamp (along with a JE-115k on the input side) and the unit sound fantastic.  In fact, I'm not sure I even "hear" the transformers in my design.  I believe the overall sound is primarily the tube circuit and the transformers simply pass it on!

Also, Bill is great.  He helped me with a couple of design issues over the years and was always available.  Can't say enough good things about him.

Regards,
Jeff

Since Radial is Jensen's largest customer, this kind of makes sense.  Radial now has in-house production, and Jensen can keep making great transformers.

No changes. Radial was bought by Radial to keep what is  treasure of the audio world from falling into the hands of companies controlled by Wall Street or offshore interests. Instead it is in the hands of true audio people who intend to keep it making the finest audio transformers possible.

Chuckles said:
No changes. Radial was bought by Radial to keep what is  treasure of the audio world from falling into the hands of companies controlled by Wall Street or offshore interests. Instead it is in the hands of true audio people who intend to keep it making the finest audio transformers possible.

Good to hear that Radial bought Radial..?  :eek:

FWIW I doubt Jensen was on Wall Street's radar screen... But it could easily fade away... as transformers are not really a growth product category. Hopefully they will be good shepherds of the IP. Deane did some good work.

JR

It was thought the Empire of Northridge on Balboa was looking at Jensen. It is controlled by Wall Street private equity people and it was feared that if they got it, production would be shipped to China. It was likely felt that having the transformers made by the same people in the Los Angeles area was part of what make Jensen parts special. The top end audiopeople need sources of parts they can trust made by people who care about audio. Like in the old days. And how much can we be top end aaudio people if even the most critical parts for sound quality only came from China.

Made in USA (or Canada) has to mean something. And the Wall street finance people seem to have lost this concept. Thankfully Jensen is staying right where it has been.

Back