JST XH series crimper recommendations?

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just a follow-up. Bought the Precision Engineering crimper linked above and crimped almost 100 JST XH contacts. It worked so well that I bought the next size up for medium connectors.

I had the smaller engineers and wasn’t happy about the crimps and they don’t release very well. These were suggested in a blog posted in the KA electronics forum. Non-ratcheting but release and crimp much better than engineers:

Hozan P-707 Crimping Tool (For Open Barrel Contacts) Crimping Pliers, 15 Types of Large and Small Dice, Compatible with a Wide Range of Terminals Amazon.com

I found the Paron Tools JX-1601 really good - I got that along with the full range of interchangeable crimp jaws for open and insulated crimp terminals. The jaws have a ratchet so you can lock the terminal in place while you feed the wire - they have a release tab as well. It’s strong and quick to use - the crimp fold over is very precise and no hassle fitting into any of the Molex and other types of connectors I use, there’s no sideways splaying of the crimped end making it hard to fit into the terminal housing. Cheap too.

These are some of the heads available:
https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/2761154...Yxqd9fbji4w-yqRn7G2PRriahWfpWAoQaAtc2EALw_wcB

Interesting how a variety of ratcheting tool brands seem to use the same interchangeable head assemblies. I bought a kit (brand forgotten) many years ago, and have added new heads to the kit for things like a variety of coax to BNC combinations.

Maybe I didn't look hard enough, but never found a head assembly for crimping D-Sub pins/sockets. I have a separate tool for that, like I have for EDAC/Elco pins. Another tool for RJ-11 and RJ-45.

Bri

Back