K&H UE100 from scratch

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This project is still very much alive but has been delayed due to moving.

I decided to redraw the schematics for use with toggle and rotary switches as push buttons are so expensive.

Board A

Board B

Board C

Board D

Board E

Board F

The rest of the schematic is straightforward so no need to redraw.

The front panel can now be started as I now know how many switches have to be fitted.

I only have internet access for a couple of hours a week so can't promise to reply quickly.

(Living off grid ::))

Best
DaveP
Dear DaveP,

Sorry but I don’t understand so well how these boards are connected; are these boards cascaded, paralleled? or how these boards suppose to be connected beteeen them?

Thanks for your help anticipated!
opacheco

I saw some replies to this thread and wanted to type back .... that this UE100 is just fantastic.
It really is.

One can get carried away (with excitement) when a new audio box arrives, but I can happily say that 2/3 years later after receiving this unit, that I use it every week for recording.

Even the box tone (with no EQ) adds something special... then there's the gorgeous top end, which on occasions is just whats needed.... the air

its difficult to describe the box tone, but just the audio sounds better :)
it has that harmonic guey-ness which no plugin comes close to

Ian

Opacheco,
As Abbey said, the last page of the manual describes how the boards are connected together.
I modified the switch connections but not the way the boards are connected.

I should warn you that this was one of the most difficult projects I have ever worked on, I would not recommend it to anyone.

best
DaveP

Opacheco,
As Abbey said, the last page of the manual describes how the boards are connected together.
I modified the switch connections but not the way the boards are connected
Dear DaveP, Thanks for the comments; my problem is I can read German (I can’t understand the interconnection so well!) the at all, but do you believe could you make a bock diagram in English labels and notes for me please?

“I should warn you that this was one of the most difficult projects I have ever worked on, I would not recommend it to anyone…..”

Yes I understand that! but I would like to do a circuit analysis but first I want to be very secure in the interconnection of its boards!

Thanks anticipated!
opacheco

Dear DaveP, Thanks for the comments; my problem is I can read German (I can’t understand the interconnection so well!) the at all, but do you believe could you make a bock diagram in English labels and notes for me please?

“I should warn you that this was one of the most difficult projects I have ever worked on, I would not recommend it to anyone…..”

Yes I understand that! but I would like to do a circuit analysis but first I want to be very secure in the interconnection of its boards!
If you can't analyze the way things are interconnected, I doubt you can analyze the circuits. The interconnect is a very simple drawing with lines representing nterconnects.
Any difficulty with language can be solved using Google translate.

It is exactly as Abbey has said. No-one helped me work out the circuit, I just went over and over it until I got it right, that way, I even found the error on the drawing on board F. I would be doing you no favours by working things out for you, even if I had the time. Sorry to be blunt, but you will appreciate what we have said when you master the circuit yourself.
best
DaveP

I would suggest that you analyze first the original design of the equalizer divided into blocks (signal flow), and then just implement Dave's solution (if you like) of replacing the interlocked pushbuttons with rotary switches. Dave's diagrams of C and D boards are a bit confusing, which can make it difficult for you to navigate. For a little help, it seems to me that the signal flow is as follows:
KO_0 - KO_1 - KS_1 - KA_1 - KA_4 - KB_4 - KB_8 - KC_8 - KC_12 - KD_12 - KD_20 - KE_20 - KE_29 - KF_29 - KF_32 - KS_32 - KS_33 - KO_33
but you still need to check that (other connections are board connections with subboards or switches).

It is exactly as Abbey has said. No-one helped me work out the circuit, I just went over and over it until I got it right, that way, I even found the error on the drawing on board F. I would be doing you no favours by working things out for you, even if I had the time. Sorry to be blunt, but you will appreciate what we have said when you master the circuit yourself.
best
DaveP
DaveP you are rigth!!….sorry for disturb you, your circuit redrawing is impressive really!!

Thanks again
opacheco

Latest posts

Back