K87 style capsule sounds unmatched

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

newmod

Hi guys,

I was wondering if any of you can help me out.
I purchased a k87 capsule from WGT Center Capsules & Element
and after the u87i clone was completed, the microphone from the front sounds fine but in figure 8 pattern the rear side of the capsule my voice sounds way lower (not matched by a lot).
I don't know how I can measure how much of a difference there is but as I said, the front of the capsule seems fine but the rear sounds like its not as sensitive and my voice sounds way lower in the studio monitors.

So, is this a product of an error in the build (I have checked over everything and I cannot see anything wrong).
First time using these capsules.
I understand MicParts.com buys from here and does further QC on them and if so how can you tune a capsule so it sounds its best.
I want to understand this process so I can hopefully tune this one.

Any insight would be great

I was and omg, you are right
I just tried it again it sounded fine!!!
I am such a noob, can you tell me why that happens so I am not such a dumb ass for next time.
I am still learning this stuff but loving it...

Also, is it true that you can further QC a capsule and if so, how would one do that and check??

Hi Gus,
I would like to know also why does that happen with headphones...
On top of my mind I cant see any reason for that happening while listening on headphones, I must be surely missing something

Latest posts

Back