KM56 cable end disassembly?

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mkiijam

I have a KM56 cable that I need to replace the female end on. (goes into the mic) It's banged up. makes intermittent noise etc. I'm not sure how to get this connector apart. It looks like it has a set screw, but its very mangled, like some previous soul tried to mess with it, but I can't get it to turn. If there is indeed a set screw on the side it's been chewed beyond functioning.

Drill it out?

Or does one hold on to the female plastic connector and turn the body Like a Hirose?

KM56 connector: Amphenol/Tuchel T3401-004 has a threaded connection to fit the Mic body and excellent strain relief as well. Just did 2 of these on original cables. Order the 6 pin version (NC pin 6). Available from Mouser # 523-T3401004. The strain relief bushing and nut will need to be reamed out some to fit the Neumann cable. Soldering this is not for the faint hearted, or tremble fingered! Remember there is 120 VDC next to signal and chassis pins- spacing! Neumann cable pin outs: Modulation (Xfmr out) p.1- (Black), p.5 - (Blue); 120 VDC p.4 - (Red); 4 VDC p.2 (Green); Chassis p.3 (Clear). The cable shield is firmly clamped to the connector internally. Pin 6 is not used (Factory calibration.).

Attachments

• unnamed.jpg
    unnamed.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 0
Connect pin 6 to ground (=pin 3) at the microphone end..
This will increase the output and improve the signal-to-noise ratio.
This is often forgotten.
(Normally pin 6 in the power supply is 'almost' grounded through a relative low resistor if the ''Messeingang' is used. Or directly grounded if the 'Messeingang' is not used. )

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back