L.A Audio Di2 | Redesign | Colorbook | Active DI BOX

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kevin

White Market Member
Hi Friends
I had the luck of getting a shematic from L.A audio of the Di2
I redesigned this unit for a smaller housing .. and of course its cheaper
i designed a new front panel. the unit is working well. if there is enough interest we could ask gustav for making pcbs

i could make a kit for you guys if there is enough interest!!
i redesigned it for a student project. there are now 25 working units
all self etched and working perfectly
i have done a colorbook .. sorry its in german

img01281r.jpg

Attachments

• colorbook.pdf
    513.6 KB · Views: 223
Nice! I´d be very interested in 8 pcbs!
btw, how much did you spend on a unit?
thanks

i spend dependig around 33 Euro for one unit.. but this depends most on the Frontpanel and  the housing
are the half of the cost.. the connectors and the switches are around 8 to 9 euro
the rest of the parts are really cheap..
yes i could make kits
i tell you guys more when i know more about the pcbs..

Best
Kevin

i also think if you take a big enough Hammond Chassis for around 7-10 Euro you can do the job in this chassis too
i will do an drilling instruction!!

the main boards are 80x100mm 8 (half eurocard)
the long side is for the connectors. the connectors are placed very close to each other..because they need around 20 mm place on the frontpanel ... between them may 1 to 2 mm space
if you cut a bit of the main board.. to 80x90 you may could put 4 DIs in the 1 HE Rack

Best
Kevin

Whooo, it looks sexy! Great job. Im' not familiar with this DI : what's the purpose of the connectors on the back? You need to connect the DI to something else? it doesn't work in standalone ?

Ben

the connector is for the second board ... one the second board(control board)are the switches and power led located... otherwise not everything will be on the frontpanel... i think it is also possibel to put them on the back of the housing ... but with my version you save one frontpanel
here a picture of the control board
img01141k.jpg

Best
Kevin

Hey - I'm new to this business and just started HD-recording with Reaper  and an old TerraTec Phase 88 FW Rack sound card. I'm right now making an extra front panel for all the I/O's from the REAR panel of the Phase88 - for better access to them.

There is plenty of room for extra facilities in my new front panel - maybe for 1 or 2 of your units, but ...

What exactly do this unit of yours ?
          - made clear for a novice ;-))

Thx

Best regards
KSor, Århus V, Denmark

Hi Ksor
you know the function of an Di Box .. quite simple .. you have for example an guitar signal (unsymetrical signal) and want to work with an balanced signal in your mic Preamp. The di box converts the impedance level of a guitar or bass whatever into impedance level of an microphone signal.
you have on this unit an pad switch which turns the level of the input down
a boost switch to give 20dB more on the balanced and unbalanced out.
an Gnd LIFT for avoiding Ground issues
Link is for playing over an real guitar amp at the same time

hope this Helps
correct me guys if I'm Wrong
Kevin

Latest posts

Back