Langevin 5116-B Output transformer replacement

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kidb

Hey folks, I've got quite a unique repair in the shop. It is a vintage Langevin prototype of the 5116-B. Drew the circuit out and sure enough it tracks 95% with the production 5116-B module. It has Triad transformers however, and uses the Triad A-68J transformer for the output. I believe its bad, and I need a replacement. having no luck finding another A-68j and want to get this going for the customer. I already contacted Triad, and even though they remake the A-68j none are in stock anywhere and theres a 14 week lead time.. yikes. Curious if anyone can help me find a suitable replacement. Preferably vintage, but options are limited. Will attach juicy photos. Thanks!

Attachments

• 5116bOPT.png
    5116bOPT.png
    198 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG-5611.jpg
    IMG-5611.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG-5609.jpg
    IMG-5609.jpg
    2.6 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG-5610.jpg
    IMG-5610.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 1
That's a difficult transformer to replace with all the taps. You may have to fit a temporary one until the correct one becomes available. You may be able to get it re-wound. There are 2 guys I know here in NZ who rewind transformers, one of them has rewound many vintage audio transformers.

Latest posts

Back