Last Bushisms ?

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

clintrubber

Dunno if the stuff in bold qualifies as one, and I understand how he will have meant it, but it still sounds weird:

There have been disappointments. Abu Ghraib obviously was a huge disappointment during the presidency. Not having weapons of mass destruction was a significant disappointment. I don't know if you want to call those mistakes or not, but they were -- things didn't go according to plan, let's put it that way.

http://www.whitehouse.gov/news/releases/2009/01/20090112.html

That BBC list seems to have nearly all the great ones in it so far as I can remember; -all except one...

"You're... ...working hard to put food on your families"

..or something similar.

Yes that statement about disappointment jumped out at me as a 'Bushism', but not quite as stunningly inept as some of his pronouncements.

Don't let the doorknob hit you, George.

Keith

My personal fave is this one:

"The ambassador and the general were briefing me on the - the vast majority of Iraqis want to live in a peaceful, free world. And we will find these people and we will bring them to justice"  :D

Though the ones that I find most darkly comic and laden with irony are in the Education section.

PS, the above post was not intended to provoke another political 'debate' here.  I hope that most people will be able to see the comic value in these no matter which 'side' they are on

Rob

"I'll be long gone before some smart person ever figures out what happened inside this Oval Office."
Washington DC, 12 May, 2008

I saw that (last) press conference today. It was a unusually reflective with broad questions about his time in office. I'll resist the temptation to talk about anything substantive discussed.

Comedians and detractors alike will both miss his unique language patterns..

JR

the latest feed I heard was of W. commissioning a ship in his father's name...3 uses of the word awesome in one sentence. I thought the will farrel overuse of that word was a comic exaggeration. guess not.

If you saw that ship ceremony you would have caught the anecdote told by Bush 41 about a very young George already exhibiting his trademark language idiosyncrasies.

Did anybody catch the news..? There is quite a bit besides this going on in the world.

A friend of mine is going to DC for the party.. I think I'll pass. I hope the honeymoon lasts a while and #44 can live up to everybody's expectations. He's already living up to some of mine.

JR

It was  on the news yesterday. I am not sure whether it was a spoof that he did or he really guffed as usual but when I heard him saying " you really mis-underestimated me" I just exploded.  It is normally very difficult to laugh so hard when you are alone but I was so in tears that I lost the control of the car and almost crashed.

Whichever way you look at it Obama is going to be a quiet boring president with his articulation. We'll miss Dubya. ;D

Back