LCD's and gadgets that I can't find anymore.

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TheJames

Once upon a time (in the not too far distant past) it seemed that replacement displays were readily available on ebay.  While some are still available, the ones I need have disappeared.

That said...I'd like a replacement LCD for my H3000 and KSP-8.  I used a CrystalFontz LCD for my Yamaha Rev7 that's perfect.  The view angle is incredibly wide and it's bright and clear.  Love that.  My H3000 LCD still works, but it's just a little dim and the view angle isn't the best which makes me have to stand up and look over the front panel to make adjustments.  My KSP-8 display has turned red.  While it still works, I suspect its failure isn't too far down the road.  I seem to recall seeing OLED replacements for both of these devices in the past, but they're seemingly not available any more.

One gadget that I saw on ebay awhile back where these little USB to AES "sound cards" that were like the size of an XLR.  They were dirt cheap and I made a mental note that I might need those one day.  Now I do, but I can't find them.

So to the collective...Do you guys have any sources or knowledge of these things?  Any links??

Thanks!!

Some LCDs are reflective and do not need a back light. Some are transmissive and do need a back light. If you have a dim LCD display then if it is the transmissive type you might just need to replace the back light.

Cheers

Ian

I get that some of these older displays are becoming obsolete, but as recently as 6 months ago I was seeing people that had made compatible, replacement LCDs to upgrade/repair these older units.  I guess the sales just weren't that good, or they made a small run and sold out and perhaps have no intention of making another run.

Guess I just need to make a note that when I see these things, I should just jump on them instead of waiting.

TheJames said:
but as recently as 6 months ago I was seeing people that had made compatible, replacement LCDs to upgrade/repair these older units.

If you find the past auctions or pages that show those LCDs for sale contact the seller as they might have more in stock but for some reason are not offering online at the moment

I made a similar request on here a while back for a Zoom9120 display.
I was pointed to this facebook:
https://www.facebook.com/groups/music.gear.display.retrofits/

I don't think I got a response but I just looked and it seems that it is active ?

btw my Zoom display came back to life. Maybe a connector issue. Although the cable in there still throws a shadow over part of the backlight.

Back