leaving the box, just not sure of my path?

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tonycamp

Ok, I hope this posting is in the right place, this is new to me, so bear with me and don't snap the whip full throttle :eek:!

My hybrid ITB/OTB system plan

I have already purchased, or will be purchasing and building the following items. 2=11 space 51x 500 series racks. Preamps=4 capi vp28s, 4 nv73's, 2 g9's, 2 helios 69's. Eq's=4 capi Lc53a's, 2 Ij helios 69's, 2 AA pultecs(if available?), 4 laz eqn's. Compressors= 8 Ij F76's(multiple revisions), 2 JLM LA500's(la3a), 2 ez760's, 2 dbx166 (J williams mods), and 1 lexicon lxp 15ll (j williams mod)

My interface's are a BLA mod signature 002/BLA mod ADA8000 for now, 16 ins/outs at max 48khz, I plan to run some stereo stems, but mostly single channels direct out to eq's, comps,? then avoid converting back into the box, by instead going into 2 linked BLA mod PM8 summing boxes passively(the panning works in passive mode i've been told), then make up the gain with the vp28's. I also plan to monitor off the output of the make up pre's with my hr824's, using the channel faders of the Vp28's as my volume control? ??? After all my mixing, dump back to 2 track DAW and use the 002 for monitoring. Kinda a pita poor mans api/neve/helios console lol!

this is my general plan currently, back in the day i used a tac scorpion board and tape machine, then like most i moved ITB(unsatisfactorily), now this is my next progression?

I'm really excited, not at all set in stone and looking forward to learning and hearing opinions and suggestions from the many experts here on this site,

thanx for your consideration
T

Back