LEM audio transformer questions

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tofufo7

GDIY Supporter
Hello everybody,
I would like to know if anybody has ever seen that kind of transfo. I think it should be an input one... but... if any detail...
Thank you

Attachments

• IMG_0047.JPG
    IMG_0047.JPG
    1.7 MB · Views: 32
had to resize, comp is not hooked up to local drive in movie screen,  :D

no, never seen it, did you google it?

looks like you need to have someone take it apart.

Attachments

• IMG_0047.JPG
    IMG_0047.JPG
    82.3 KB · Views: 10
tofufo7 said:
Hello everybody,
I would like to know if anybody has ever seen that kind of transfo. I think it should be an input one... but... if any detail...
Thank you
LEM was a French company that distributed microphones from various mfgrs and also transformers made by Melodium. The Melodium company is extinct now since about 25 years. No documents were saved due to the contentious nature of the termination. Most transformers were custom jobs. unless you can identify what piece of gear they come from, you need to evaluate them by yourself. The methods have been discussed here already. PRR and me have proposed two methods.

Hi and thank you so much for your replies.  ;)
In fact, it comes from a card with 8 of them, and I have 2 cards. So, 16 in total.
It was taken from an avintage udio-video system, I think.
abbey road d enfer said:
LEM was a French company that distributed microphones from various mfgrs and also transformers made by Melodium. The Melodium company is extinct now since about 25 years. No documents were saved due to the contentious nature of the termination. Most transformers were custom jobs. unless you can identify what piece of gear they come from, you need to evaluate them by yourself. The methods have been discussed here already. PRR and me have proposed two methods.
Would be happy to have the link of your two methods, thank you.

Attachments

• LEM card.jpg
    LEM card.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 14
yeah  i did hack a Melodium, different from yours,

ust measure DC resistance and turns ratio if you have a generator and report back

https://groupdiy.com/index.php?topic=67907.msg862950#msg862950

yes, the poor and lonely Magnetis section.

i don't know, people check in there but they never checkout ,

like hitch hiking in death valley, you might have to wait for a response and die of dehydration,  :D

If you can it would be worthwhile also measuring inductance at 100Hz (typically) as this will give you some indication of the kind of impedances it expects to work into/outof.

Cheers

Ian

Back