• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Group DIY and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Level Lock 500 series

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Eliani

I'm selling a couple of my prototype Level Loc 500 series I made from the design by Irfrench in this thread: 500 series Level-Loc project

if you read it to the end you'll see I picked up this project a while ago and I've got 3 units in perfect working order with the original design. I'm getting rid of these so I can free up some cash for the next revision.
Edit: only a few PCB’s left

IMG_20191105_143832_edited.jpg

Last edited:
SKJGProject said:
Hi! I’m interested in a pair but your shop is calculating 250€ shipping to Germany....

Hey SKJ,
I mended that!! I'm sorry, I had the weight set to 350kg instead of grams...  :p

I have another batch of the PCB's leftover and made some Frontpanels for them too!
PCB = €17,5 plus shipping
PCB +Frontpanel = €37.5 + shipping

Hi Eliani, is this a newer revision PCB from the 2019 version?
no it's not, I just had a buddy asking for it, and I did a couple of PCB's for him, but since PCB's get cheaper by how many you order I did a small batch

no it's not, I just had a buddy asking for it, and I did a couple of PCB's for him, but since PCB's get cheaper by how many you order I did a small batch

Thanks. I liked the idea that you were planning to add true bypass to a future revision. But if that's not likely to happen, I might join in anyway because, like you said, people using a level-loc aren't looking for transparency.

It's just that I've hardwired several channels in my 51x rack into channel strips and it would be ideal to disengage it when I'm not using it. I might rewire it for a dedicated dirt channel. ;)

Thanks. I liked the idea that you were planning to add true bypass to a future revision. But if that's not likely to happen, I might join in anyway because, like you said, people using a level-loc aren't looking for transparency.

It's just that I've hardwired several channels in my 51x rack into channel strips and it would be ideal to disengage it when I'm not using it. I might rewire it for a dedicated dirt channel. ;)
send me a PM if you decide to

Just a quick update,

all the front panels I did have been sold!!
I do still have PCBs, and I've whipped up some Black plexiglass front panels for those who do want to mount their project while they have front panels made or just to leave them like that...

kind regards,
Yves

I thought I might ask this question here rather than in a private message so anyone else with the same question could get an answer easily.

What switches are best for your layout, @Eliani? Judging from the pads on the PCB, it looks like you're using PCB mount right angle switches, but the documents you sent me included an image that showed a wiring guide that might not work with PCB mounting. Additionally, the included BOM includes a F2UEE switch for the bypass—but in the image above it looks like you used a toggle. That led me to believe that maybe we're meant to use PCB mount switches after all.

Lastly, there are pads around the input receiver that I assume are meant for a transformer. I have several of the original Shures knocking around here. Will they work, or should I stick with the THAT1250 receiver?

Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back