Lexicon LXP-1 Dry signal issue

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sisu MT

Just got a LXP-1 and testing it out. Strangely, when the mix knob is on zero....dry signal is only on left channel in DAW. As i increase the mix knob and introduce the wet signal in, the wet signal only comes through on both channels just fine, and i can still hear the dry signal only on the left channel (until mix is 100% and then it's balanced between L and R channels. I've triple checked the wiring into the patchbay and even hooked the exact wires to stereo compressor and it worked fine. So i'm 99% sure the issue with with the device and not with wiring or the DAW. Anyone run into a similar issue routing stereo outboard gear through a DAW?

Are you sending signal into both inputs of your reverb? If so, then the mix pot or something ahead of it is shot. Try feeding each input separately and listening to the wet signal. Do both inputs produce wet signal?

Thanks. Yes, sending signal into both L and R inputs on the LXP1 (stereo mix from DAW thru LXP1 back into DAW). Tried feeding each input separately. Got a wet signal on both inputs and get a dry signal on both physical inputs...however, dry signal is heard on on L channel...both when the input is plugged into L and when only plugged into R...tried L and R input cables as well and result was always the same...dry only comes through L channel. BUT, I then moved to the outputs and tried unplugging the L output and when doing that, all the sudden the dry signal could be heard in the R channel (this is the only configuration where i've been able to hear dry signal in the R channel, period). But as soon as I plug the L output back in, dry signal disappears on the right side. I've tried both TS and TRS connectors but that doesn't seem to impact the behavior in any way.

Back