LG OLED TV Loudspeakers

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

geoffrey2

Although I am delighted with the picture quality from my LG OLED55CS6LA I have been irritated by the poor audio quality from the built in loudspeakers.

I found that the very prominent booming and distorted bass could not be improved whatever I did with the various sound setting and the included TV graphic equaliser.

I enclose a spectrograph taken using a Samsung S22 with the TV fed with a pure 100Kz tone - and for comparison the spectrograph produced by a Quad ESL63 loadspeaker fed with the same tone.

The TV loudspeaker is a small bass reflex unit (Emsonic EAB65820402) and I am wondering if anyone with the same problem has tried any modifications to the speaker to get rid of the spurious tones.

One thing I am considering is to simply make large holes in the bass reflex chamber.

Attachments

• EAB65820402.jpg
    EAB65820402.jpg
    38.5 KB · Views: 0
  • emsonic EAB65820402.jpg
    emsonic EAB65820402.jpg
    160.4 KB · Views: 0
  • quad esl 63.jpg
    quad esl 63.jpg
    159.6 KB · Views: 0
I just replaced a older 32" HDTV because I am having an issue finding the parts needed to fix it.
I do not like the sound of the newer 32" HDTVs I looked at.
My guess is the TV sellers want you to buy soundbars or other systems for good sound
I heard an older DLP micromirror Sony? that had a realy nice sound system it was much thicker so there was more volume for the speakers

I plan to build passive speakers that I will wire direct to the built in amps with an external connector(the internal speakers will be disconnected). The TVs PCBs I looked at have class D amps and some class D amps are load sensitive (if what I read is true) so I need to measure the internal speakers.

Latest posts

Back