light source for UV curable silkscreen ink/varnish

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kambo

anyone has experience with UV curing  - ink/varnish etc...
i checked some datasheets from the ink manufacturers for light source,
it says  UVA bandwidth (320-390 nm) for light source... when i check youtube videos,
they all have green light.. 320-390 is still on the blue side... any idea  ???

kambo said:
anyone has experience with UV curing  - ink/varnish etc...
i checked some datasheets from the ink manufacturers for light source,
it says  UVA bandwidth (320-390 nm) for light source... when i check youtube videos,
they all have green light.. 320-390 is still on the blue side... any idea  ???

One idea, there is a rather strong UV source available to everyone, every day that it is not cloudy outside.

Have you tried sun-curing? It works for the clear epoxy in those car windshield stone chip repair kits.

Gene

Gene Pink said:
One idea, there is a rather strong UV source available to everyone, every day that it is not cloudy outside.

Have you tried sun-curing? It works for the clear epoxy in those car windshield stone chip repair kits.

Gene
+1 been there done that back in the 70s....
--------
320-390 is called UVA...  amazon has multiple lamp options.
---------
I use some UVc light to kill germs around the casa ....

Do not stare at the UV lamps, just like the sun they can damage the rods and cones.

JR

Gene Pink said:

Gene

sun works great, i was using sun before i built my UV LED exposure unit for silkscreening...
but i will be working with thousands of A5 cardstock....
i need to be in a dust free space, and controlled temperature/humidity.
may be i set up some mirrors  8)

Back