Lomo 19A9 power supply

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chrisenglish

I am interested in the Lomo 19A9. FWIW I have read that the power supply has a lot to do with it's sound but the originals become unreliable. Anyone have info about the Lomo 19A9 power supply?

The output transformer is in the PSU, so that is needed for the mic to work. I have an original and an AEG newer one. Both sound great. Do you have an original?

Is there a contact for this AEG company? I am interested in sourcing a 19a9 o/p transformer replacement

Thanks!

All soviet products in mostly case it is just a copies of some other brands from other countries. Some people in Russia and in other post soviet countries feels like this products is really matter because it is like their history and own products which is this was available in shops in soviet time and it was possible buy on soviet money and most like nothing more they can't buy.

In my life is no preferences to soviet products because it is just wasting time in mostly case. Yes it is working but it is not so important products totally. Just maybe for people who really like it.

Last edited:
I took a look at the Lomo PSU ,
Thats first class gear if you ask me , theres heavy mu-metal sheilds on the transformers ,
everything is massively overated in terms of the power it delivers ,
Its not unlike a Neumann tube mic psu of the NT variety ,

Curious that the designers chose to locate the audio transformer at the PSU end , so the anode ends up driving the line , that cable and its associated capacitance forms a filter on high end the responce ,
so its all part of how its voiced in the end ,
Theres a few other variations on the 19A9 , well worth checking out .

I'm a little sad to hear from our Russian friends Lomo is pretty much forgotten there , perhaps it only serves to bring back memories of times people would rather forget ,
Its good gear though , military grade tough , a bit more utilitarian than their West German counterparts , you could hammer nails all day with it and it would still work .

I wouldnt mind getting my hands on a couple of Lomo pre's , as was the way back then they were only speced from around 50hz-15khz audio bandwidth ,
They also seem to use 250 ohms input matching , not what you want in a modern context ,

https://groupdiy.com/threads/lomo-kinap.79296/

Latest posts

Back