looking for a mentor to mentor me in DIY

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FallenRaiderAudio

FallenRaiderAudio
GDIY Supporter
I am a 3 tour of duty to Iraq Combat Injures United States Marine Corps Veteran who came home broken,suicidal and Music Therapy saved my life and continues to help me in my healing process. I am starting a full blown Commercial Recording Studio and foundation to help All veterans that are hurting. We will only hire veterans to give them Job skills. I am building a commercial recording studio/ youth center. The building is going to be 35’ x40’ going to be used for a Songwriting/Music Therapy/Electronics lab.  We are going teach computer/CellTablet repair and various other youth programs in our neighborhood. We will also going to build DIY and repairable gear for the studio and any extra gear that we build will be sold to get other gear that we don’t have. We want to keep growing and expanding to help more hurting people. We will teach veterans the art of being a recording engineer and also Do various job training to give these awesome heroes a chance a better future. Here is a example of what happened through our program.
      We had a vet come and he told us that the day before our studio time he wrote out his will and that he planned on recording a song for his daughter then that night he was going to hang himself. He showed us the cheap anchor rope he bought bought at ace hardware and the Soldier wept. He couldn’t
Believe how healing music is and through our program we helped him changed his mind. A friend and supporter got him in a outpatient program here in the San Antonio area. They brought in his family and got them in family consoling and that changed their lives. We are changing lives one person at a time.. 22 veterans take their own lives daily. His Little Studio & Mentoring wants to help these hurting people.

I have the support of several churches in my community.  I have several business owners and trades folks to donate their time to teach these veterans a viable skill that can bring. We will sell broken electronics, music gear that the students fix to pay for instructors, tradesmen. They best way to help veterans is to stop some of the hand outs and give them a hand up. I am a example of that.

I am not looking for handouts!!!!!

I am looking for MENTORs to mentor me to teach these guys. My first build I am hoping is for a U47

Wow. Sounds like a really awesome and noble goal. Maybe there's a better place on the forum for this post? Like the Brewery or the for hire section or something?

Don't know, but I wish you luck. It's not that easy to find people that know how to build microphones though, let alone convince one of them to be your mentor.

But you found a good place to start looking.

Maybe someone could suggest some really cheap parts for the first 47 ish mic you build.  Perhaps Chunger's site. Get one working first then build another with fancy parts or replace them as time goes on so you can compare. You picked a mic that on the surface looks pretty simple to build but once you dig into tube options, the amount of options to figure out how to replace the unobtanium VM14M tube, there's some confusing situations. To me anyway which is why I'd be a horrible mentor.

We probably all collectively miss the age of mentorships. I wish I'd had one with this stuff. You can learn so much in a short amount of time. And stuff you'd never think to even ask on forums such as this.

Anyway, good luck!

Back