Looking for GDIY member ln76d

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I heard from Piotr via email in July last year.He did mention at that time that his servicing of microphones was suspended, potentially indefinitely.

All the members here haven't heard from him since late June/early July 2021. I've tried almost everything possible on my side...

I will list all the contacts I tried.

Last strange fact, I wrote via FB to his partner Artur Soszynski from Tranzystor studio for news and he blocked me right after reading the message...

Tranzystor Studio

Could a Polish member help us?

Last edited:
Just to be clear, so this doesn't turn into something ugly.

Is there some concrete reason we are after him? Does he owe someone money/equipment? Or is this for pure sentimental reasons?

It would be nice to contact him, he's been helpful to me and i miss his contributions a lot. However it could be just his privacy, and if he decided to pause his web activity maybe we should respect that. There are a lot of reasons one might go incognito.

I do have, but I wouid be happy just to know that he is ok.
I have big respect to him and no hurry but I guess it isn't too wrong to know what to do about the gear, to wait a miracle or trying to get it back.

It's really sad but I can't imagine him to not giving a word in a year. Not him :(

I think this can be summed up under 'human interest'.
He has always exchanged many ideas and helped fellow forum members, and then it is strange when someone 'suddenly' disappears.
A short post could allay the concerns (which apparently are with many forum members).

No-one here questions his massive contribution to the forum and his real technical skills, specially on microphones for whose I shared his passion and that are, just like for him, my favorite tools.

I learned a lot through him and everyone misses his regular contributions, as attested by the feedback on this thread.

I'm maybe one of those who had the closest working relationship, we had almost a conversation a day.

On a basis of mutual respect, trust and emulation, we finalized many projects together and others were still in progress.

It's two sides of the same coin, the human aspect: hearing no more from him, what just happened to him? Then the material aspect, when could I recover what belongs to me, naturally entrusted to a relationship of trust and work built over several years.

I don't think it's intentional or deliberate not to give any more news, there are probably recurring health problems, burnout, a desire for something else... all of this of course is perfectly legitimate and understandable.

What questions me the most after a year is why such a total blackout? What happened to him to disappear like this overnight?

We all go through difficult times and sometimes when moral is low or problems accumulate, it is difficult to communicate and time can become elastic. I can't blame him for that.

After this year that has passed without news, I feel entitled to ask what has become of my equipment and if other members are in my case.

Piotr @ln76d, what are you up to? Are your health issues keeping you away from everything? What's going on honestly?

For the good of all here, of our friendship which I know to be sincere, thank you for expressing yourself, not communicating does not help anything and to the material damage is added the incomprehension.

Matteo

Last edited:
They say bad news travel fast. Since it’s been a year of silence maybe he is deliberately a ghost. He could be in a witness protection program or something

Unfortunately he had some serious health issues. I'm sure he had surgery at some point and got struck with covid twice at the same time, not sure if it was some sort of cancer what he had intervention for, he didn't liked to make details/drama about it. I managed to get a reply from his assistant at his studio during one of his previous blackouts, he confirmed he did had some serious health issues, but was trying to get back on track. He reached out to me a little after that, didn't gave much details as common, said he had a rough time healthwise, but was still kickin'. Then a little aterwards he went dark again. Personally doesn't ring to me as someone who would get into hiding or something... For what its worth, unfortunately, I suspect he ran out of luck, or life :(

Last edited:
Since few days now when I write to him on FB (personal account and SEA account) I have this automatic message in return which did not appear before:

"Witaj! Dziękujemy za nawiązanie kontaktu. Otrzymaliśmy Twoją wiadomość i jest nam niezmiernie miło."

Google translation:
"Hello! Thank you for contacting us. We received your message and are very pleased."

It's not much but it's already a sign that someone has programmed this.

Is there anyone from Poland here who could help?

Just tried to send him a message.
I instantly received: "Hello! Thank you for making contact. We have received your message and we are very pleased." (Automatic reply.)

Latest posts

Back