Looking for help with studio configuration (Patchbay, Insert Switch, Mixer) for Mic Pres, Pedals, Synths, Samplers and other Outboard

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

meteoric

Hi! I am looking for someone who has alot of experience with hooking up different gear with eachother.
I dont need anybody that just say "Buy a Flock or CB" - i need someone who can make me a plan how to have all my gear ready to work together, without hussle.

I have Mic Pres, Synths, Samplers, inbalanced and balanced stuff, i have guitars, Hardware (EQs Limiter Comp etc.) and Guitar Pedals and i am looking for an elegant solution to hook everything up, and possibly send almost everything back and forth. This could include Patchbay (ana and/or digi) Insert switchers, or a small mixer, or anything i have no clue about yet.

I hope my search is clear, as i am writing from top of my head.

I would pay a fixed price for this, discussed with the person who could do it, beforehand.

Thank you!
Met

I know - old thread - but when you get to wanting to build a patchbay, you may still be waiting or trying to “figure it out.”

Start here, I’d say: Mr. Patchbay
He’s awesome and his site is basically a training ground for your situation.
He has templates made up and by filling out templates (start by listing all your gear, the i/o, the cable length [from rear of gear to patchbay]) you’ll be set all on your own.
He has examples from actual studios, showing their layout.

I’ve put many patchbays together and once you do, it’s very satisfying and functional! :)

I bet with a bit of back and forth in this forum, you’ll get it working exactly how you dreamed.

Back