Looking for input making a 16 Bit MIDI to CV controller (24 bit and MIDI 2.0)

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KP

I hoping to find anyone who can assist me with developing an open source project for a 16 bit MIDI to CV convertor with 1V/oct, gate, as well as assignable parameters for modulation and others as determined by the user. I am open to any and all who would be willing to share any knowledge or experience. For those who remember Trevor Page or Paul Schreiber or Craig Barnes, I would love to build upon what these pioneers have done.

I have some ideas based upon plans developed about 8 years ago.

Wouldn't it be great to have a 10 or 12 polyphony modular synth with aftertouch and programmable note priority. MIDI Channel selection an OMNI. UNISON mode with division. Transpose +/- 1 or 2 octaves. Many more features could be incorporated.

It is also very easy to make a 24 bit DAC MIDI to CV convertor. However, since MIDI is 0-127 digital steps, the resolution does not warrant such precision. However if all manufacturers decided on a MIDI 2.0 protocol which would result in sightly more expense but infinitely more expression and usability the a 24 bit convertor would be of great advantage.

See this link: https://midi.org/details-about-midi-2-0-midi-ci-profiles-and-property-exchange-updated-june-2023

This is about taking MIDI instruments not to a next level but to a completely new universe.

First is to dream it. Then is to design it. Next is to build it.

Sincerely,

Kevin Peek

[email protected]

Hi,

You might be interested in the MIDIBox project. it's a pretty amazing platform for MIDI development. It's not yet compatible with MIDI 2.0, but it could be the occasion to upgrade the platform rather than developing something from scratch.

You can look at it here:
http://ucapps.de/

Would it be of any interest to look at MPE instead of MIDI . It looks like things are going in that direction.

Latest posts

Back