Looking for small AC meter

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

abbey road d enfer

Staff member
GDIY Supporter
For inclusion in my test set-up
3-digit, don't need more
single 20V range or automatic
good at least up to 20kHz (200kHz preferred)
rms not necessary (but preferred)
small format less than 4" width, less than 2" height
I may consider gutting a multimeter but the PCB is generally too large

Any ideas?

I am also looking for a similar meter for a test set up I am putting together particularly for our mid-side one. I am not strict with the dimensions yet and I was considering these oscilloscope kits as they seem to display numerical data too;

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/313508799962?hash=item48fe94a5da:g:v2sAAOSwoApgh-V5
If I come across something I will post it here but equally if you find something please also do post.

Aneng AN8009 costs around 25 dollars , looks around the right size for what you want , unsure if its any good above 20khz though. Theres a few reviews on youtube .

I did get one of the cheap scopes of the type mentioned above , theres numerous clones all over the net .
One of the original companies improved the design as noise on the red board is fairly appauling.
The firmware and modes of opperation are simple and intuitive the main issue was the lack of a dedicated analog supply rail , which allowed digital mush to enter the signal path . S/N was vastly improved in later models . DSO 112A might be worth a try but there seems to be more newer stuff out there now too.

A lot of synth guys like the visual reference on screen of the waveforms , volts/frequency readout is a nice bonus , its not terribly accurate but for a quick visual reference that your circuit is doing what it should be doing its more than adequate.

Latest posts

Back