Looking for Yamaha M-406 guidance on making direct outs

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BoomWomb

Hello All,

I have two of these that I have used many times over the years before storing them. Pulled them out now that I have a need for them again. However, now, I need them to have direct outs.

As a front end to my DAW interface, these at +24 should have plenty of volume on the direct out, right? I don't think I need them to be balanced (if that will require a transformer install on each card).

I have soldered a few projects before. I am just looking for help here, someone who can talk to me on the phone for a brief bit while I have the cover off, just to reinforce for me what I am supposed to do inside the unit. I am generally handy, but relatively inexperienced with electronics (I've done some work on making summing boxes and repairing a Soundcract console).

I know for a fact that just pointing me toward diagrams won't help this brain. I need someone to briefly instruct, via live voice.

thanks all, for anything you can do,

one luv,
Boom.

I suppose you could take the 'direct out' signal from 'the top connection of the channel volume control'.
Not sure if the level here is high enough for your needs.

Look at pm1000 mods, they are similar.
You can grab signal at the fader knob. I had one I moded with all 6 channels having direct out on a db25 and then had stereo on the last 2 db25 channels. Went right into pro tools.

Latest posts

Back