Looking to identify parts for this UREI 1601 PSU

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dodmcdund

Hello everyone, I'm trying to rebuild the missing PSU of a UREI 1601 mixer. As their technical support sent me what they had as schematics (it's page 97 on the attached PDF), I'm wondering if you could help me identify the parts (especially the coils, chokes, ICs, ...) and ideally where to source them, according to the schematics?
My knowledge in PSU is rather low but I'm keen to learn. Thanks a million!

Attachments

• soundcraft-urei-1601-schematics-pdf.pdf
    2.5 MB · Views: 13
UREI 1601 uses SMPS power supply (switcher mode) which is quite difficult to replicate/clone and it is a demanding project even for very experienced electronics technicians. Not to mention that it is necessary to design PCB and have adequate instruments for setup and testing. I have had some mostly bad experiences with servicing such power supplies. In a few examples I replaced this type of supply with a linear power supply that was housed in an external box with good cooling and it worked without a problem. Your power supply gives 3 voltages: +/- 15V and + 8V and this could be done quite easily. Of course, it would be best and easiest to buy from UREI a replacement SMPS module. And you also should check if the mixer is working properly because it is unknown why the original SMPS was removed and if it was defective or something else. Good luck.

P.S.
Welcome here!

Last edited:
Thanks for this detailed advice! I'd rather check indeed if I can test the mixer with a replacement unit first.

Back