Lundahl Transformers for Gyraf 1176

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

djwig

Hi folks,

i'm building the gyraf 1176 and meassured the lundahl transformers needed for this circuit.
nice, but the 1540 does not shot the results i expected.
we used a measuring circuit explained here (http://www.lundahl.se/pdfs/datash/1540.pdf) on the bottom right.
we used a tektronix scope for amplitude and phase.
but at the end there are some serious unlinear behaviours from 10k on and the phase is becoming less than 180°.
i have a pdf here with the results (the 5402 and the 1540) but don't know how to attach the file to this message.
maybe someone knows?

greetings

j. lohmann

Welcome JL!
Did you have the secondary terminated when you did the tests?
An open secondary test is useful, but won't match the specs the maker has.
Put some resistance on the secondary, and see if that dosen't help.
cj

for the 1540: We had a 12k between Pin 8 and 7, as well as between 5 and 6 (5 and 7 were bridged and 6 (after the 12k) and e connected to ground).
the reason why i post this, is because of the bad frequency response of the transformator. the 5402 is working out much better.

to see the measurement results:

http://djwig4.tripod.com/upload/messungen_trans.pdf

now updated!

hope it works!

Maybe anyeone has an idea?

I want to keep my 150kHz barrier frequency!!!

Greetings

J. Lohmann

I can't comment on the results, not having seen them, but the termination you have chosen is that described in the datasheet for unbalanced inputs. Is this what you will be using?

I don't know what i did wrong.
i tried tripod 2 times now and just uploaded 2 pdfs and 7 photos that is in total under 5mb.
within 2 hours the whole account got deleted.
holy ish!
before i post another thread here in the forum i check another provider and wait a little.
hopefully it will not get deleted again.

reguards

J. Lohmann

Back