LYNX II Schematics

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mg73

One of my LYNX II is loosing it's settings if its rebooted.

Battery is fine so its something else...RAM??

Does anyone have the schematics for these.

I only have the manual.

Cheers/

Hello mg73, I am not sure you'll find these schematics...As a TimeLine distributor in the 90's we had not them... we sent back the faulty units to the factory and they sent us new units. Like you I would check the RAM chip. It can help if you have another module...I suppose you have two modules ? I still have a couple of LYNX 1 if it can help you...Best, Guy.

Thanks for getting back!

I suspected that:(

Yes I have 2 units,
I've exchanged nearly all IC's between them.
not the 2 big square ones,yet..
I try that tomorrow.

Otherwise I just have to leave it one.

I haven't studied the schematics posted, so I'm just guessing. MANY different types of electronics have an internal battery to "hold" the settings while powered off. Those batteries don't last forever.

Bri

Thanks for this Alan.
But it looks like LYNXI_IISchem is the same as LYNX I cables..So no Schematics of the LYNXII.

mg73.....apologies that I missed that "the battery is fine" in your original post. I still have a hunch the problem involves that "battery backup" circuitry which likely involves more than just the battery itself. But, tough to determine without proper schematics. Best of luck.....

Bri ... who needs to carefully read the thread before opening his mouth! <g>

No worries Brian.)
I had a closer looked to at the PCB around the battery
and saw that the connecting "dots" between the upper and lower layers missed solder in them(should work anyway)
but the working LYNX had and some other joints looked a bit suspicious.
Re-soldered them and bam it now works.
Sometimes you are lucky.

Glad you chased it down! I've been around many devices that "forget" when powered off and it was always something involving the battery backup circuit. An ancient battery that "oozed" and chewed up PCB traces was commonplace.

Bri

Latest posts

Back