• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Group DIY and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Wanted Lynx LT-TB card

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm sorted!!
It's kind of a gamble but it seems the Lynx LT-TB thunderbold card is the only way to make an early Aurora work with these new M1 silicon MAC's.
Using an Thunderbold-1 to a USB-C (thunderbold-4) adaptor cable the Mac should see the Aurora.
The Lynx mixer software will not work on the M1 Mac's but the Aurora will remember the settings from last time it's been turned of.
So, no mixer software but hopefully a working Aurora with pretty decent latency specs.
Fingers crossed....

I will say the new TB3 card in my Aurora-n does have a much improved version of their mixer software working on a M1 Mac. If you ever get a chance to upgrade to the new Aurora I would recommend it.

I'm sorted!!
It's kind of a gamble but it seems the Lynx LT-TB thunderbold card is the only way to make an early Aurora work with these new M1 silicon MAC's.
Using an Thunderbold-1 to a USB-C (thunderbold-4) adaptor cable the Mac should see the Aurora.
The Lynx mixer software will not work on the M1 Mac's but the Aurora will remember the settings from last time it's been turned of.
So, no mixer software but hopefully a working Aurora with pretty decent latency specs.
Fingers crossed....
I use an original Aurora 16 with TB card on a Mac Studio with M1. Works very well. No issues with the Lynx Mixer software either. It is probably running under Rosetta but I have experienced no serious issues. Sometimes I have sample rate mismatches which is easy to rectify by turning “Syncholock” off and then back on in the mixer software.

@radiance, tell me how it goes as I might try that? I have an Aurora 8, but thinking maybe going USB incase I go M1.

Can't you manually adjust the settings on the hardware and not need the Lynx software?

Does your DAW just see it in the Macs inbuilt audio drivers?

Latest posts

Back