M7 capsule with schoeps circuit.

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

oscarhuang

The Chinese manufacturer just sent me two M7 capsules and asked me to compare with Thiersch M7 red line.I refused few times and finally they convinced me. The Canada custom just destroy one of them. Can’t believe it. Anyway I installed it in my U47 clone ( EF800 AMI BV8). I got shocked! Nice sound! Solid bass and smooth on high. Very punchy. I used a tape to fix the damaged capsule and installed it in my Stellar x2 ( schoeps circuit). Not bad at all. The main concern for me is capsules consistency. I tested front and back side and other damaged one I can’t hear difference. I should tested it with equipment but unfortunately I don’t have.
I asked the guy if he has website but looks he doesn’t post any on internet. I will post some files later.FDE0D979-6537-426E-AE68-CCA80E7C7366.pngD3FCD8FD-B146-44CD-9019-EDCF9A688BBE.jpegDEFF7B0F-F625-4940-91BE-1995798BA682.jpeg13F5EB47-4B5A-49C2-A754-0D2A8964C99D.jpeg

doesn't the stellar x2 have high end correction for the k67 it comes with? did you mod it out?
No. X2 doesn’t have any high end roll off circuit. I mod it before but now it’s a flat circuit. It’s a little harsh with K67 style capsule. I also have a X2 Vintage. But I’m not a k47 fans.

i wonder if their online FR charts are dishonest or if their k67 is different than usual then
I think their K67 capsule is different. Smoother than usual K67. I also have Maiku K67 style and Luke audio C800g. I think their all “ modified” K67.

I ve also bought these M7. They should do the work in M49s with OA circuit, D-47 or 47Fets. I also have Ari's Flat47 and Dachman K47 Capsules . I'm curious how the capsules will do.... Cheers
Do you mind tell me the price of those capsules?

Last edited:
Where did you buy/get it?
Sent directly to me by the manufacturer. They've made a couple of M7's before, but I found the sound to be dark and totally off-pitched. So I'm not sure if the one sold on Alibaba is the same as mine.

Latest posts

Back