M7 capsules $ Reduced (USA made) / U47 Shock Mounts $ Reduced/ Neve Knobs

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ChuckD

[/b]
Disclaimer: No support, advice or warranty implied or offered. These part are offered assuming knowledgeable integration and design skills. Others may or may not be willing to help on this and/or other web forums.

Web Store to handle all purchases.

http://www.cathedralpipes.com/zen-cart/

M7 Capsule
M7 made entirely here in the USA. No China parts used. Machined here in Orange County CA, Sputtered in San Francisco CA and glued and tension-ed by me here in my garage.

Capacitance = 90-120pF  (Agilent U1737c)

Package Details:
USA made M7 capsule (gold sputtered 6 micron mylar)
USA made brass holders
Natural rubber mounts
All Screws included

Price 185 USD + shipping 

Bstock M7 Capsule

Capacitance = 120-190pF  (Agilent U1737c)

Package Details:
USA made M7 capsule (gold sputtered 6 micron mylar)
USA made brass holders
Natural rubber mounts
All Screws included

The B stocks have a bit higher Capacitance then the regular ones. Also they may or may not have cosmetic flaws on the gold. The flaws do not effect function. The Capacitance is dependent on your circuit and skills.  As a microphone producer mine have to all fall in a certain range so I cannot use these. I am offering them below cost just to get rid of them.

Price 85 USD + shipping 

cathedral_pipes_m7.jpg

Neve (themed) Knobs
new_wings.JPG

trim_knobs%252520011.jpg

Wing Knob Dimensions
Diameter = 1" = 25.4mm
Height    = 3/4" = 19.05mm
bore        = 1/4" = 6.35mm
bushing hole  = 3/8" = 9.52mm
Nut relief    = 11/16" = 17.40mm

U47 Shockmounts
new_items%252520013.jpg

new_items%252520012.jpg

Low Cost 7 pin mic cables
new_items%252520014.jpg

30.00 USD

The Durham is a simple micro amp buffer providing up to 25dB of ultra clean transparent gain to any passive microphone.

The simple "XMB" technology used inside is the same circuit found within our new Ribbon microphones. It is found to both improve SNR for all passive microphones and provide a fixed impedance to the Ribbon Mics. 

Features
Uses 48V phantom power found on most preamps.
4 hand matched LSK170 Jfets
Works on all Passive Microphones
Ideal impedance loading for optimal performance @3Kohms
Rugged and very compact.

Made entirely in the USA.

SPECIAL INTRO PRICE !! for the first 100
We were not that happy with the overall finish of the metal work for this first batch but also want to get everyone to try one of these cool little problem solvers out. So we are blowing the first batch out for just 30 bucks each, compare that with the 150 dollar competitor

Durham_CP.jpg

Available now in the Online Store.
http://www.cathedralpipes.com/zen-cart/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=65&products_id=200

Sorry no,
The first batch of 100 Durhams sold out in 2 days.

I will post final 75 in a month when I have time to match all of those (4x75) jfets.

After that though the price will likely double as it transitions into a "real" retail unit. These were discounted  partly as a  intro offer and  partly due to an  botched finish. They are not technically a DIY (part) offering. I just thought since there was discussion over on the Mic thread about the differential Jfet circuit for a Ribbon pre I would post them here. Heck at 30 bucks I figured it is close to the diy cost.

Chuck

Yes I got a b stock as well, all I can say is wow......my very first condenser mic had been a bright ear bleeding doorstop ....I have modded , changed caps , different eq caps, changed the fet....still hated it..
This capsule did it, it has a sweet high end , just in awe over this capsule , and now have a useful mic....thanks c. P.
almost hate to say this because once people find out what this does to cheep china mics .....
It's all over...

Would I need to make significant circuit modifications to account for the increased capacitance of the b stock capsule or would it just be subject to lower output?  Thinking I should pick one of these up for a future product.

Also, does it come with a suitable mount?

Cat5,

Sorry can not get into making comments about circuits. It would open the flood gates of questions that I simply could not have time to answer and it would make me look like a jerk for ignoring everyone. There may be some people of the "non-kit building type" still hanging around for now that could give you a hand. Ask in the Microphone section I'd say.
Yes all the M7s come with mounts and hardward to get you up and running.

Chuck

ChuckD said:
Cat5,

Sorry can not get into making comments about circuits. It would open the flood gates of questions that I simply could not have time to answer and it would make me look like a jerk for ignoring everyone. There may be some people of the "non-kit building type" still hanging around for now that could give you a hand. Ask in the Microphone section I'd say.
Yes all the M7s come with mounts and hardward to get you up and running.

Chuck

No sweat Chuck.  I totally get it.  Thx for the reply.

Hey ChuckD,

From your experience, which type of circuit does the M7 really shine in between u47ish, u67ish, c12 or any others?

Thanks!

Latest posts

Back