M7 capsules , U47 Shockmounts , Neve trimmer knobs

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ChuckD

M7 Capsule
M7 made entirely here in the USA. No China parts used. Machined here and Sputtered in California USA and glued and tension-ed by me here in my garage.

The design went through a very lengthy process of R&D to get all the measurements exactly how Dale had them. Dale helped me greatly with the each step making sure every single detail was correct.

Package Details:
USA made M7 capsule (gold sputtered 6 micron mylar)
USA made brass holders
Natural rubber mounts
All Screws included

Price 325 USD + USPS shipping.

cathedral_pipes_m7.jpg

Neve (themed)  trimmer Knobs
trim_knobs%252520011.jpg

Price 3.50 USD + USPS shipping.

Web Store here :
http://www.cathedralpipes.com/zen-cart/

ChuckD, I sent you pictures of the shockmount I received from you, but never heard back. Months ago.

It was in regards to one of the clips not going down all the way. It sticks up off the mic. I sent pictures to show the problem

Hey ChuckD,

I would be interested in one of your B-Stock M-7and a u47 shockmount. Could you further explain the audio related "flaws"? Like: "HF rolloff starting at *Hz" about *dB?

kind regards, Pascal

kvothe said:
Hey ChuckD,

I would be interested in one of your B-Stock M-7and a u47 shockmount. Could you further explain the audio related "flaws"? Like: "HF rolloff starting at *Hz" about *dB?

kind regards, Pascal
I'm interested to know too.

Regards Arne

Hey guys. Sorry I just don't have the ability to sweep all the capsules like Skylar and the Equinox guys did. They went so far as to write a program to catalog theirs.
For me these are all basically rejects from the Cathedral Pipes main line. Tested below my standard and removed from the microphone and replaced with another... then repeat. It is a bit of an old school approach but it works for the medium volume I do and ensures a good sounding product by listening to each and every one and then doing a quick relative sweep. Basically I use a certain pair of headphones and listen for what I call certain frequency "markers" for lack of better term. Only after that  I do a quick sweep with fuzzmeasure in a demeter isolation cab. These fail the first test of listening so they never get the sweep.

They are probably not rolling off earlier however boosting the bass a bit. One way you can counter this would be to reduce the output cap from 0.47 to .22. Also use a Wima or more modern poly type cap on the output. Something bright. DO not use a NOS PIO or equivalent on the output. The circuit tube could also be changed to a cleaner brighter one.  Better still use it in a fet design. Experiment a bit and they might work out.

Chuck

Hey ChuckD,

I just decided to try one of your B-Stock M7 for a U47Fet, but your billing system does not list any shipping method to my location in germany.
Don´t you ship to germany?

Hi Chuck, I know they're not referenced in this thread, but I wonder if you having any updated info on the future availability of your Durham units...I use one in my studio and my associates are constantly asking where they can be purchased...great piece of gear!
Thanks, Dennis

Hey Dennis

Yeah I am working on those Durhams. I may have a few available in the next few days. Do you want to email me your contact info and I will let you know? Otherwise just watch for a post here I guess.

Chuck

Hi Chuck...thanks for your prompt response...sure, you can message me via this site's system, if that's cool...I'll let my associates know...Thanks!

Hi Chuck whats the cost of shipping capsule to UK please , thanks

The shipping price would be greater then the cost of the knobs in this case.
I can but it does not seem like a very good deal for you.

Suggestions?

Chuck

Latest posts

Back