Mac Heads help please

Help Support GroupDIY:

Rob Flinn

not rebooting itself ? means problem fixed and it doesn't shut down and reboot by itself or it doesn't boot up anymore? while you are in there a good blast of compressed air on the fans and everywhere else too remove the dust might be good
Yes, it's booting normally. Unfortunately I don't have compressed air, but the box was owned by someone who looks after their kit, & there is no dust/debris in there. I will take it back to my mix room tomorrow & see if it starts to misbehave with PT running.

OneyedK

One thing that is very crap about these mac pros is the card retention bar. It clamps 2 cards in place but the other 2 are flapping around. I put a couple of washers between the bar & the cards to fill the gap.
Mac Pro's are made for creative people :LOL:

Whoops

you probably are creative but you might be also missing a part. The cards are not supposed to be flapping around

definitely, something is not right, maybe something is missing. the MAC is very well thought of and amazingly designed. No cards flipping around

Rob Flinn

The 2 cards in the edge slots were secure but the middle ones were not.

On another note I took it back to my mix room ait was rock solid for the time I was there. Even running 24 instances of a plugin reverb.