Maiku K47, K87 & CK12 capsules – CLOSED

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Banzai

In stock, 50pcs. available @ €100/capsule + shipping. One time only promotional offer!

Made by MAIKU, a new Swiss capsule company. First 50pcs. are available as a launch promotion to GroupDIY members only. Price offered is a 50% discount from €200 street price. I've tried all of them, and these aren't budget capsules. They're much better than the generic Chinese products sold online (RK12, RK47 etc) – take advantage before the price doubles!

Specs:
– K87, isolated backplates, 4-wires, will work for any U87/U67 project
– CK12, isolated backplates, 4-wires, optimized for 251, works for any C12/251 project
– Everything needed to install is included; screws, wires, and capsule mount

Shipping cost incl. all charges (upto 10 capsules):
France – €10,00
Rest of EU – €15,00
Rest of Europe – €20,00
Rest of World – €24,00

No VAT or duties for EU buyers - ships from France

To place your order, send your payment for capsule(s) + shipping directly to [email protected].

Please send in EUR only!

The K87 is awesome, i've tested the capsule the last weeks and the last two days against a original k87 from neumann. The capsule sounds hairspitting close to the original one.

Ericbazaar said:
The K87 is awesome, i've tested the capsule the last weeks and the last two days against a original k87 from neumann. The capsule sounds hairspitting close to the original one.

Have you also tested the other two capsules? Or know anything about their quality?

Murdock said:
Have you also tested the other two capsules? Or know anything about their quality?

Yes! I've tested the k47 and the build quality is excelent. I dont have a original k47 to compare but the sound is straight mid foward with flat high response. The transient response is fast.  One m49 build with these capsule is now in berlin to test the capsule against neumann classic mics like u67, m269c and u47.
I got answer by the end of the next week.

Sounds great Ericbazaar! Please share the resuslts once you get them.
Banzai, can you please share a picture of the capsule mounts?
And are these capsules completely manufactured in Swiss?

Murdock said:
Sounds great Ericbazaar! Please share the resuslts once you get them.
Banzai, can you please share a picture of the capsule mounts?
And are these capsules completely manufactured in Swiss?

Hey Murdock,

The backplates are done in Asia to keep costs under control. But not by one of those mass production Chinese mic factories. These are a completely different quality.

Pic of mount attached  ;)

Attachments

• K87_Mount.jpg
    K87_Mount.jpg
    433.6 KB · Views: 142
Hi Banzai
money sent for 2 K47 capsules

thanks for doing this !

andreas

micaddict said:
That would sort of put them in the Peluso league, no?

Nah, that would be selling them short. Peluso uses standard backplates from the big Chinese mic factories.

These Maiku capsules are different to anything else I've tried in this pricerange.

Exactly, just tie backplate wires together for U67 and U87Ai. Keep them split for vintage U87i.

Already send you a E-Mail.
Take one K87, as we spoken to, take it to my another order from you.
Thank you very much.

Banzai said:
Nah, that would be selling them short. Peluso uses standard backplates from the big Chinese mic factories.
They're from "an aerospace-parts factory".

The backplates are done in Asia to keep costs under control. But not by one of those mass production Chinese mic factories.
You differentiate here between Asia and China. Does this mean the backplates are from outside China or is it to avoid association with cheap Chinese?

Come on, Banzai, tell us a little more.  ;)

Back