Mastering Transfer Console - DIY options

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

morls

Hi,
I've been planning on getting myself a Coleman Audio TC4 (link), it's just about the perfect size for my studio in terms of I/O. However, I've come across the KA Electronics boards, and was wondering how these stack up against something like the TC4? I like the flexibility of DIY, and these boards (the IGFO, MS-II especially) look very good. I don't know anything about KA Electronics, so any information people could offer here would be really useful.
Cheers!
Stephen

I've used Wayne Kirkwood's (Ka Electronics) mid-side matrix boards in a couple of EQ projects, and have found them to be high quality boards and well-designed. There's a thread specifically on using his PCBs to build a mastering console here:

DIY Mastering Console by ka-electronics.com / Wayne Kirkwood

I can't speak to how such a build would stack up against some of the commercial offerings out there, and of course the finished product would depend on your assembly skills - but if I was in the market for a mastering console, that's where I'd start.

Andy

Back