Matched Low Noise JFETS from TI JFE2140

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

57sputnik

GDIY Supporter
FYI...

The JFE2140 is a Burr-Brown™ matched-pair discrete JFET built using Texas Instruments' modern, high performance, analog bipolar process. The JFE2140 features performance not previously available in older discrete JFET technologies. The JFE2140 offers excellent noise performance across all current ranges, where the quiescent current can be set by the user from 50 μA to 20 mA. When biased at 5 mA, the device yields 0.9 nV/√Hz of input referred noise, giving ultra-low noise performance withextremely high input impedance (> 1 TΩ). In addition, the matching between JFETs is tested to ±4 mV, ensuring low offset and high CMRR performance for differential pair configurations. The JFE2140 also features integrated diodes connected to separate clamp nodes to provide protection without the addition of high leakage, nonlinear external diodes.

Product page: https://www.ti.com/product/JFE2140

Data Sheet: https://www.ti.com/lit/ds/symlink/jfe2140.pdf

fbd_slps730a_2.gif

fbd_slps730a_3.png

Wow. Can that transconductance value be right? Price isn't too bad either. Someone definitely will be designing mics around this part.

Yes, this part is very promising. I like the very low gate leakage current and therefore very low current noise. And the transconductance is impressively high. It is indeed very well suited for mic input stages (y)(y):)

Wow, that's some crazy high Yfs/Gm, like a LSK170/LSK389 on steroids. For those of us in the US and Canada, Mouser Electronics and Digi-Key have the JFE150 in stock, and the JFE2140 is supposed to arrive in a couple of weeks. I have to make an order in the next couple of days anyway, and there'll be a JFE150 or two in it. I can't wait to check 'em out. Thanks for the heads-up, Sputnik!

Latest posts

Back