Maybe the largest 40mfd you'll ever see under 1KV

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

emrr

Found these during a clean-up.  They were outboard filter caps with a pair of separate tube amp chassis.  Each chassis is about 40mfd total, non-electrolytic oil filled.    Still good of course!

18276202453_8c69d394c8_c.jpg

Funny you mention that.  I got a Collins console once that had every oil cap crudely ripped out of it by a panicky radio station.  They took it all for hazmat disposal, like good citizens, and were turned away for 'insufficient quantity'.  The box of original caps were there inside the now demolished console. 

I've sold quite a few of those PIO to China.
I learnt to take a photo of my packaging and to ask for a Chinese character address, as the customs officials have a nasty habit of opening, rifling and slinging back together anything with an alphabet.
One poor buyer received a packet dripping with oil and a sent a photo of a broken off stanchion.

On reflection writing this, perhaps the customs official just broke it off to check what was inside. :eek:
Apparently the cap still worked fine.

R

Back