Measure external EQ with RME and plugin doctor

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fsmartaudio

Hi everybody!
when measuring my external hardware I get some funny results on the high band. As an example this is my Focusrite 430 MKII low and high band.

I try to sort out measuring errors, so I can concentrate on building and not finding errors :p Measuring RME in/out with external hardware attached.

Flat (looks good)
1674998676095.png
Low freq (looks like expected)
1674998726047.png
high freq strange highs and lows ... (boost at around 3 o'clock)
1674998764077.png
Thx for your help!

Oliver

any help on that?

how do you measure your DIY builds if its working properly? I need a reliable reference for a DIYRE 5 EQ I am building

thx

Hi,
I use Room EQ Wizard for most of my measurements. It's a reliable and easy to use freeware. In fact, it's the best freeware i use atm (so good that i had to buy the multi-input upgrade a month ago). Here's a starting point for you:

Thx for that link!
As I expected, there was some error in my measurements. Now everything is calibrated and works great.
Aaaand my focusrite is as good as it should have left the factory over 10 years ago :)
My DIY works kinda expected too.
Now even the measurement in the other software works to. Mismatch in gain is a bitch.

Latest posts

Back