Mechanical Arithmetic giving me a headache

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
ruffrecords said:
Which package do you use?

At the day job we use Altium Designer, and our layout guy and an intern have gone through all of the active parts in the library and attached 3D models wherever possible. Mistakes such as incorrect connector location get real expensive real quick.

I bought a copy of Ultiboard 2001 ages ago; it's been sufficient for personal projects ever since. Plus, I've got a pretty extensive library built up. It won't install on Win 7 but I don't care, it works fine on my Mac in an XP VM.

-a

volker said:
You start drawing a rectangle in the direction you want it to be. Before you would set the end node, just type the dimensions and press enter afterwards, format is "axis1;axis2". You will see the numbers in the lower right corner before the confirmation.

Watch some of the tutorials, it's quite intuitive once you have the very few basics.

I did all that about three years ago. I even managed to draw a complete mixer with knobs on it, but it was a real trial, and as I said before I found it very counter intuitive. It was a lot of hard work for a not very good looking result and it was a real PITA id you wanted to change anything.

Anyway. I am game to give it a go, so I'll try the latest version and see if it is any better.

Cheers

Ian

Back