• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Group DIY and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Merlin Blencowe- Designing Power Supplies for Valve Amplifiers

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think the book is out of print and I remember seeing it 2nd hand for insane money.
If new copies are available I would be interested, I have the Hifi preamp design and it's an excellent book.

Hi, that's my book. I removed it from the market several years ago. I'm sorry but there are no new copies available, and I will not release PDFs. I may write a second edition at some point, but don't hold your breath!

Been waiting years to get a copy of this book. I also just ordered a coopy. Thank you Merlin for releasing it again, both of your other books have completely changed the way I think about tube audio circuits and I'm sure this one will be no different!

Just received all 3 of his books, all available to order. Glad to add them to the library here.

I have received my copy today. I look forward to reading it over the weekend.

However, although they both mean the same, and it might be intentional (for some reason), but in case not, the title on the dust cover reads Designing Power Supplies for Tube Amplifier but the inner title cover and the rear of dust cover read Designing Power Supplies for Valve Amplifiers.

I have received my copy today. I look forward to reading it over the weekend.

However, although they both mean the same, and it might be intentional (for some reason), but in case not, the title on the dust cover reads Designing Power Supplies for Tube Amplifier but the inner title cover and the rear of dust cover read Designing Power Supplies for Valve Amplifiers.
The wording difference just might be the publishers way of addressing both the European and the US markets easily. Since the book cover itself says "Valve" and the dust cover says "Tube", that tells me that the book itself is primarily aimed towards the European market and the paper dust cover saying "Tube" is an easy and simple way to appease to us Americans!!! What say you???

Latest posts

Back