Merry, Happy, and all that

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gene Pink

Midnight rolls around, and I didn't even notice, other than the barrage of fireworks in the neighborhood. Damn, where are they getting these devices? Oppenheimer and his team  would be impressed. Tonight I'm in Saigon in 1969. 

The wife has been snoring since 11PM, and I am engrossed reading many words of wisdom right here on this board.

I thank you all for this.

So as is customary this time of year,  a look back in time to simpler days, a couple of magazines I didn't throw out years ago.

Best wishes to all,
Gene

Attachments

• Old Magazines.jpg
    Old Magazines.jpg
    66.6 KB
Gene Pink said:
Midnight rolls around, and I didn't even notice, other than the barrage of fireworks in the neighborhood. Damn, where are they getting these devices? Oppenheimer and his team  would be impressed. Tonight I'm in Saigon in 1969. 
+1... One of my nearby neighbors must have fired off a $1,000 (?) worth of fireworks. It is not unusual for there to be lots of noise around midnight, but when the noise didn't stop after a few minutes I went outside to look. I ended up standing in my driveway for what seemed like 10 minutes watching an impressive fireworks display.  I think i saw the local Barney Fife parked nearby watching too.

I remember as a kid growing up in NJ back in the '50s when my dad fired off some Roman Candles, pretty tame as far as fireworks go, but I recall the police rolling up to investigate. Back then we would buy fireworks in SC while summer vacationing in NC, that were clearly illegal in NJ.

Now I live where fireworks are legal but I got making percussive explosions out of my system in the army.
The wife has been snoring since 11PM, and I am engrossed reading many words of wisdom right here on this board.

I thank you all for this.

So as is customary this time of year,  a look back in time to simpler days, a couple of magazines I didn't throw out years ago.

Best wishes to all,
Gene
I actually bought and built the calculator (kit) on the cover of that popular electronics magazine. It was crude, but $90 was cheap compared to TI or HP calculators that cost several hundred dollars back then. 

JR

Merry Happy New year & X-mas and .........................thank you,  ALL that!
Wishing everyone and this grp a prosperous 2016!

Back