Metal work

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rmburrow

I want to build some tube mic preamps on suitable sheet metal (16 ga) aluminum with the dimensions and component layout on a Auto Cad file.    I plan to use UTC A series (A11 in, A26 out) or LS 10X in, LS51 out).  I've put this project off too long and if I can get the metalwork done, it will be less trouble to build 8 channels and a spare.  The individual channels would attach to angle rails inside the console enclosure so no metal bending necessary; just aluminum plates cut to size and drilled for mounting and the components.  What costs am I looking at?  Bud Industries in Cleveland Ohio doesn't have what I am looking for "off the shelf"...

I am afraid I cannot help with the metalwork but I just wanted to say this sounds like a great project. Real old school tube mixer style construction. If you get this project going I would love to hear more about it.

Cheers

Ian

I will provide the auto cad file.  In progress.  Need to finalize the transformer choice.

There are some places online you can look at.  They use their own software, but you can do a quick mock up to get an idea of costs. 

Front panel express
Emachineshop

There are other places like erapid that can integrate with solid works to give real time pricing.

Most places should be able to work from dwg and dxf,  but don't know of any automated quotes off hand.

Just explain to me what it is that you need to be done and I - may - be able to design what you need. I have designed all types of basic enclosures and lots and lots of rack-mount chassis. Do you have any sketches drawn up with some rough dimensions (in "inches" preferably)? My CAD-design software can provide you with a 3D CAD-model of your sheet-metal enclosure (see examples within the attached PDF file) and then I can provide you with whatever it is that you need to have your part(s) fabricated. Just let me know what you need, OK???

/

Attachments

• JBW-Designed - RACK STUFF -- Assemblies-Chassis-Enclosures-Panels-Systems.pdf
    6.2 MB · Views: 10

Latest posts

Back