Meter drawing software??

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FotisGR

Can someone give me info about meters drawing software? I need one and i will be happy if its free:)
thank you

Hey, thank you very much for answer, but isnt that i need. Because my english are not so good .....
So i explain : i need a software to design- draw and then print the inside of panel meters. For example i need to convert a vintage 0-100mA meter to radio frequency power meter. I need a software to print custom labels inside of meters...
thank you

Hi Fotis,
don't know for what platform. (PC/Mac).
Maybe GIMP for Linux/Win2000/XP/Vista. I think for at least Linux is a greece version availiable.
Most graphic/photo-editing software will do it.

dunno if there´s an app specially for meter scales.

I use illustratar for that task.

1st I take closeup shot from the open meter with the digicam, put that on a separate layer in illustrator (scaled to the right size). then I put some guides in there for the snappoints.

meterscale.jpg

now redrawing the skale is easy like 1,2,3. print, glue to flipside of the original scale (because the original scale might shine thru the new one if you use the same side)...done...

the tuff part usually is to squeeze some leds for illumination into it :green:

before/after :wink:

meterbeforeafter.jpg

Thank you very much all. I download the meter software. mnats you are my hero, this week :grin:

:thumb:

Back