Mic&Mods capsule

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Aleguitarpro

Has anyone ever tried these capsules?

http://micandmod.com/en/18-capsules

The prices are good but the results?

Especially this one is supercheap:
http://micandmod.com/en/capsules/47-microphone-capsule-mk-67.html

I used to think that for a good quality I've to spend a lot... is this an exception?

At those prices you could try one out... I would, but it's really hard to buy anything from the outside here, if you could get them without much trouble give it a chance and tell us how it goes!

JS

EEMO1 said:
you get what you pay for...

Obiouvsly! But one thing is to buy a thing that worth the money you pay the other is waste money.
The "best" capsule on the site claim to be faithful clones of the original capsules, the only important thing is that they are a waste of money.
I've bought two years ago a stereo matched couple of AKG 414 ULS for 900 euro and for me they're my first choice for acoustic recordings.
It's difficult for me trust to spend 300-350euro for a single capsule to upgrade or clone a mic and believe that the difference is striking respect to a chinese well cloned capsule, so this is the reason of my questions! :)
They are chinese clone, I think, but they are reasonably priced.

" get what you pay for "  saying that is this case is like throwing a rock and running away.

On that site there are " Premium " mics for 549 -699 Euro , I wouldn't trust how much better
than QC'd chinese those are ?  reminds me of when products are overpriced to appear high quality .

okgb said:
" get what you pay for "  saying that is this case is like throwing a rock and running away.

On that site there are " Premium " mics for 549 -699 Euro , I wouldn't trust how much better
than QC'd chinese those are ?  reminds me of when products are overpriced to appear high quality .

ok, thanks for the comment.

you get what you pay for - you can't expect miracles from capsules that are obviously the same made in china capsules that a lot of people sell, microphone-parts etc.

they are better than the stock 32mm crap thats inside 99% of cheap china mics.

the premium mics - you need to look at what it is - no brand apex 460 style mic, plus chinese capsule, plus cinemag transformer plus a name brand tube - plus customs and vat. 500 doesn't look THAT bad, pretty ok deal for the paint by numbers folk. I agree on 700 being pretty steep. of course you can source all of the components yourself, pay individual shipping prices and put in time to get all of the stuff. maybe the market for those is not in this forum.

better?

Yes ,  helps to  " qualify "  things and as you point out, it also reminds me of products where features are added on
in stages that the value comes in buying the bigger package [ which costs more of course ] super size for a quarter more ?
still doesn't tempt me , seems just an extension of another reseller, even the pawn shops are getting in on it !
[ selling low line stuff ] in this case they've come up with a couple of ways to make it look different than others.

okgb said:
Yes ,  helps to  " qualify "  things and as you point out, it also reminds me of products where features are added on
in stages that the value comes in buying the bigger package [ which costs more of course ] super size for a quarter more ?
still doesn't tempt me , seems just an extension of another reseller, even the pawn shops are getting in on it !
[ selling low line stuff ] in this case they've come up with a couple of ways to make it look different than others.

European dealer for folks in the EU. pretty good thing I think. I hope the selection grows though, like haufe transformers etc.

I have used a K47 and a K12 capsule from Mic&Mod, and the results are excellent!
It is good to have a European distributor of microphone parts.
No extra customs costs and no unpleasant surprises with extra taxes (VAT/BTW)  :)

RuudNL said:
I have used a K47 and a K12 capsule from Mic&Mod, and the results are excellent!
It is good to have a European distributor of microphone parts.
No extra customs costs and no unpleasant surprises with extra taxes (VAT/BTW)  :)

I ordered a U87 "partial kit", a capsule and a transformer from Mic&Mod.
Yes, it's great to have an European distributor, especially for Cinemag transformers for mics.
I'll use them with the body I've bought from you.
A.

Back