Michael Saylor on Lex Fridman

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
His talk of inflation the fed and government is the part I really enjoyed. It’s right up your alley John. Lots more content than just bit coin. You haven’t listened to it I guess. I find his views fascinating.

Inflation is in the news now all the time (caused by Putin :rolleyes: )...

I am enthusiastic about block chain technology, but bitcoin not so much. It was promoted as a hedge against dollar currency inflation and if true it would behave inversely with dollar moves. I don't follow it closely but pretty often see it moving correlated to risk on assets. If anything it looks like a fraction of the liquidity pumped into the economy through covid payments ended up in crypto currencies and meme stocks.

The meme stocks appear to be running out of gas and now crypto currencies are struggling. Stablecoin Terra broke its peg to the dollar and is now more like $0.30 not exactly a store of value.

If I was young I'd be all over these crypto lottery tickets, but I am too old to gamble like that.

Arguable 8-10% inflation makes the dollar a shrinking asset class.

The good news is that all the college students can pay back their college debt with cheaper dollars.

JR

PS: Today I'm looking at Eli Lilly, they have a new type II diabetes drug that is supposed to be an effective weight loss medicine. The market for that is HUGE.

Latest posts

Back