Mitec Joker schematics needed.

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pucho812

Maybe one of our german DIY members has this info. I am racking up the optonal compressor section of a mitec joker. I will show photos when it is all done as my buddy did some killer metal work for me. while I have been able to get schematics for the mitec console and a user manual, the optional items of the cl-8(compressor gate module) and the eq-8(eq module) I do not have schematics for.

I have been able to piece together power connections based on the documents currently  and through trial and error I was able to get audio to happen in and out.  it would be cool if I had schematics.  This thing sounds quite good, is a bank of 8 compressors and  fits a 4 RU tall, half RU wide space. 

So does anyone has schematics for the compressor and eq section?

I'm going to bump this one....

I have all 8 channels wired with power and have audio passing.  I am not 100% sure the audio connections are correct as the manual I have shows 3 X 3 pin connectors per channel, one connector feeds a relay before going into the circuit. The other two gave the impression that one was balanced in and one was balanced out.  This however does not appear to be the case, when I wired it up as such I could not get audio to happen for the life of me. Once I rewired it so that  it was a snd/return trs type where 1 connector had in and out with common ground on a 3 pin connection. I can get audio. I get the  dynamics to work and there is enough makeup gain  that if I feed it 1K at +4dbu I can have 24dbu on the output. Not to shabby. Anyway I am not 100% certain that I have it connected properly. Yes it's working but last night testing ran into a huge anomaly where plugging into 1 of the 8 units showed signal going to other units as well. Which was just weird.    I've inclosed a page from the manual concerning connections. what confuses me is that it looks like it has 2 of the 3 pin connectors tied viao a 1/4" jack so that then connect when nothing is plugged in.  still not sure about the 3rd connector with the  relay. hmmmmm

oh and here is the full manual if anyone wants  to grab a peak. While this does not have schematics I have obtain schematics except for the 3 optional boards, the eq, the compressors and the led board.

http://www.scribd.com/doc/205790062/Mitec-Joker-Varydesk-Mixer-Service-Manual

Attachments

• 52.jpg
    52.jpg
    160.7 KB · Views: 37
well I seem to have it figured out I think. I can get audio in and out. Unbalanced I/O but working using the middle  of the 3 X 3pin connectors. Not sure what the other 2 X 3 pin connectors do and the one I have connected seems to match exactly to the block diagram above in terms of wiring. So maybe that is it?  Now I just need to figure out why at my buddies studio when going into  one channel of the unit with test tones it shows up on other channels.  It doesn't do that in the shop  hooked up to the AP machine or our little test rig. More over I tested his wiring and it all seems to be correct so maybe a problem with his interface? Or again back to wiring because the manual is vague.  bumpity

Latest posts

Back