MK-220 capsule in Golden Age FC3.

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Icantthinkofaname

So somehow I killed one of my MK-220s by removing the pad and low cut switches, even though I had successfully done the first one the exact same way (I was actually more careful with the second one too).

So I think rather than send it in for repairs, I'm just going to take out the capsule and put it in another mic body.

Is the Golden Age FC3 a linear circuit? I'm thinking that mic would be best because it also has the round grille like the Oktavas.

I also really like the idea of putting them in the B2 Pro since it's cheap and I'm pretty sure it's filled with good electronics. And I can get them for about $170 CAD a piece, versus $240 CAD for the GA mic.

The Oktavas had some sort of grounding issue anyway (though I could've just sent them for replacements, I actually got two that sounded really good), and the body was a bit resonant. So I was already thinking about putting them in a different body.

Back