Mnats 1176 Rev D - Preamp C1 Replacements??

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just found the Mnats Rev D thread and re-posted this there...feel free to delete this one Mod.

---------------------------------------------

Hi Y'all,  I'm new, my first post and a very amatuer DIY'er.

I've built an Mnats Rev D 1176, no worries building the unit so far.  I've got one remaining component to fit and I'm wondering if anyone can help with a a component substitute.

C1 in the signal preamp section; BOM lists it as a WIMA Polyester Film Capacitors 100V 1uF 5% (PN; MKS2D041001K00JSSD)

I've had some on order for 3 months with Mouser, and it was supposed to ship 20th July, but it has been back ordered again for the third time to October  :(

I can get the same WIMA component but with a 10% tolerance, will this make much difference to the operation considering it's in the pre-amp section??

Also - can any one suggest another manufacturer of a similar component that would suffice??  I can't wait until October for mouser only to be let down again...

Appreciated in advance  :D

From Mouser:

80-R82DC4100CK60J
598-DSF050J105
871-B32529C105J

It won't make any real difference which you choose. The 10% part should be fine as well.
I would also use the same one for C10/C17 instead of an electrolytic, if there is a 5mm footprint.
You can check that on the pcb if you already have it. But it looks like it has from the pdf file.

Back