Modding a Biff Muff Guitar Pedal

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bonzai_Musik

Hi everyone,
I'm building a modded Biff Muff Ram Head, I wanted to add an LPB1 Boost circuit in front of it but I'm having issues.
I tested the LPB1 circuit before wiring it in the box, everything was fine. But now that I wired it I get no sound when switching it in.
Everything else works good : the fuzz is ok and when both circuits are bypassed the signal gets through.
So then I checked for shorts on my input and output cable for the LBP1, no luck. It is getting the 9 v alright and the voltage at the transistor's base is right.
I'm out of ideas for fixing this, could anybody help ?
Thanks a lot

Joined a picture, the LPB1 is the veroboard on the left.

Attachments

• IMG_0092.JPG
    IMG_0092.JPG
    170.4 KB · Views: 15
if youre getting correct voltages/it worked out of the box-check your switch wiring. i would also suggest using a simple audio probe to sniff out where the signal drops out.

Looks pretty cramped in there with lots of exposed conductors. My first suspicion would be that something is making contact where it shouldn't. If you can better secure the perf board and keep it electrically isolated that would be an improvement.

Latest posts

Back